



My self portraits were inspired by how I was feeling and things happening in my life. At first, I couldn’t settle on one idea. However, as the days went by, it began to be much clearer. I think the photograph I was most creative on was my Light photo. I thought the lighting was very interesting. The most difficult thing about this project was actually coming up with an idea for my portrait. It took a lot of pictures to finally decide which ones I was going to stay with. I think that my creativity benefited my pictures by their lighting and different textures.
For my composition, I wanted to establish very bright whites and dark blacks. Some of the pictures were set up specifically and some were taken by chance. I think the angles and my position strengthened my photographs. Maybe I could have worked on my poses to make the picture have a more artistic feel to it. I think that my Element photograph had the strongest composition. In that picture everything thing just feels soft and “flowy”. The portrait I would change the composition on is the rule of thirds. I think it could have been in a better place than where I took it.
I believe the only portrait too bright was the Rule of Thirds picture. I think the rest are pretty good with craftsmanship. Although I have to say that most of them do appear pixilated. My partner and I did play around with the shutter speed and ISO. When the picture would come out dark, we would just change one of the two and take the photo again. I think my craftsmanship was pretty good. One of my strengths is that none of my pictures came out blurry or extremely dark. However, one of my weaknesses was that some of my portraits were a little pixilated.
My over all opinion of my portraits is that they turned out pretty good. I think I did well in my lighting. If I were to do this assignment again, I would definitely think about my poses more. My favorite shot was my Light portrait. I think it was good lighting and has the most artistic feel to it. The least favorite picture was the Rule of Thirds. I don’t think it was really different or had much thought to it. In the end, I am thankful to have learned all that I have in this class and will definitely use my new skills throughout my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment