In my portfolio, you will find a number of interesting images and artwork that I have worked very hard on for the past year. Most of the photographs that I took or created are somewhat simple and straight to the point. I try not to make my images too cluttered or busy because I believe that the simplest things can be the most beautiful. I feel very good about my portfolio and the photographs I have on it. I believe it is a reflection of who I am as a person.
Over the course of this semester, I have learned many things that will help me take better photographs and express my feelings through images. One of my favorite things I learned this semester was how to adjust the ISO and shutterspeeds of a digital camera. Now, instead of taking generic pictures like I used to, I can take exceptional photos of the moments that are important in my life. I also enjoyed learning about different functions on Photoshop. For instance, the Cross Processing was really interesting and made my pictures full of color and contrast.
This past semester, I feel that I was most successful on my program covers. Although my designs were not chosen for the final cover, I am still happy with what I created. Again, it was very simple but very nice to look at. The assignment I struggled with the most was our portraits. It was really difficult for me to decide on what I was going to do. After days of picture taking, I was able to get four photos but I know I could have done a better job. In the future, I could improve by thinking more about composition and lighting.
Throughout the semester, my influences were friends and sometimes just random things in my life. I think I have grown and improved a lot from first semester. I know much more than I did and I try to take everything from composition to facial expressions in account.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment