Wednesday, April 9, 2008

pErsOnaL MetapHor

Metaphor Evaluation

The artwork that I created was based on how I was feeling at the time. My simile was “I feel like a bottle drifting in the ocean further and further away from civilization”. That simile was about how I felt like I couldn’t really be where I wanted to be in life. I would always be sort of “pushed” into situations that I didn’t want to be in. Then while I’m in the situation, it would cause me to be unhappy. The feeling of unhappiness is what I was trying to capture in the lighting and my facial expression.
I thought that my compositing was done fairly well. I placed the bottle in the middle because it was the focal point of my picture. I also placed my text in the middle because I felt that it wouldn’t feel very balanced if it was off to the side somewhere. I think that my picture does feel unified. I feel that it is simple yet it still gets my feelings seen and understood.
I think I did my composition well. My photograph was very simple and clean. The part I found difficult was trying to blend my body into the glass bottle. I was sure on how I would morph the two together. I think I could have spent a little more time blending myself into the glass so it really looked like I was a part of it. The thing I would change in my picture is the morphing that I did to my body and the glass.

4 comments:

brenda said...

Wow.. I can't believe how cool your project turned out nadine. It really gives you a sense of feeling lost. Great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

i like your picture because the way you shaped your body to fit inside the bottle. Also i really like the overall idea

Gabriel said...

I think that this work of art is very good and well done the best part of this pice is how you set your self behind the glass.

CHHris said...

i like how your body curves with the bottle. it really looks like your in there, good job.